Tuesday, January 1, 2013

50 for 50

I am fat. There, I said it. They say admitting you have a problem is the first step. Well, I have taken the first step.

As of today I am 251.6 lbs, 32.1% body fat. My total cholesterol is 189. triglycerides 282(should be <150!, HDL =34( should be>40), LDL=99(should be <130). I have a fatty liver. I have to take statin meds and niacin supplements. Scared yet? I am.



This year is my 50th year on earth. I can't continue like this. It is unhealthy and dangerous. I want to be around for my wife and kids for a while more. To that end, I plan to blog everyday and make that blog public. I am not hiding any more.

My plan is to lose 50 lbs by my 50th birthday on October4. I am making myself accountable to everyone who reads my posts. I plan to make my food lists and exercise logs public as well. This is an absolutely necessary thing for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment